Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Golden Spiral

I love it when I learn new things.  Especially when it comes to photography.  Yesterday, I took my daughter to Target and snapped some shots in the red circle.  When I was editing the image below I noticed I had unintentionally used the Golden Spiral.



What is the Golden Spiral?  Well, I could tell you a long mathematical explanation, but it's so much easier to say that it's a formula to make you picture look more pleasing.  See diagram below.  Image provided by wikipedia.



That's why pictures of shells, flowers and staircases look so nice to the eye.  I'll be explaining this more in my class.  This is just one of the many composition rules I teach.  Click on the Photography Class tab for more class info.  Have any other photography questions then just shoot me an email.

Keep Clicking,
Nickie

No comments:

Post a Comment