Friday, October 21, 2011

What Does Photography Mean to You?

I'm watching Rick Sammon on Creative Live and he asked the question, "What does photography mean to you?"   Photography to me, is a way to be creative, it also allows me to capture memories of my children and I love the joy I feel when I photograph all those happy smiles. 

Rick goes on to give a challenge.  Whatever photography means to you, capture that.  So for me it would be a picture of creativity, memories and smiles.  The picture below is something different for me.  I usually always have a nice even light on the face but I wanted to experiment with the light.  Here is what I captured. What do you think?  My advice, don't be afraid to experiment.  That's how we grow as a photographer.


Whenever I'm taking pictures I'm always looking for that smile.  Not that fake cheese smile but the real, genuine smile.  My advice, don't ask your kids to say cheese.  Talk with them, tell them jokes, act silly. 


Here is my challenge to you.  What does photography mean to you?  Then capture that.  I would love to see what you come up with.

Keep clicking,
Nickie

No comments:

Post a Comment